Thursday, June 14, 2018

KRAKEN part II

Okay I think I lost them for now. Haven’t seen many other contestants lately. Guess that means this tournament is almost over. That or everyone is just hiding somewhere.

Last time I mentioned Fred’s messages to other KRAKEN members. Instead of talking about them I figure it’d be best to just copy paste some of this stuff. First is a chat between the three KRAKEN guys that were in the tournament. This seems to take place after Frederick had an argument with the third guy about the chain of command. This guy went by the name of Arthur.
--

Arthur: Can I get a detailed version of the plan?

Frederick: I thought you refused to follow my plan? Let me guess, the council didn't reply in the way you wanted them to?

Arthur: Screw you.

Glenn: owo what's this?

Arthur: Did you just seriously do that?

Glenn: Do what?

Arthur: I'm already regretting signing up for this mission.

Arthur: So those plans?

Frederick: You and Glenn find a somewhat recognizable landmark to meet at. I will continue distracting both the target, his companion and my own companion. Once you two locate the target I will intercept the target, confront him. Then in the middle of the battle you two show up and we outnumber them.

Arthur: What's going to stop your companion from attacking us?

Frederick: I'll tell her about “my friends” just before the battle and that you're on our side. Obviously I won't put that on the blog.

Glenn: You consider us friends? Aww how nice.

Frederick: I don't. That's just what I'll tell Hella to avoid revealing too much about the organization.

Arthur: Obviously.

Glenn: :c You want to be friends then Arthur?

Arthur: No.

Glenn: Ouch.

Glenn: Say, Arthur. Me and Freddy are both Nests. But what are you?

Frederick: How many times do I have to tell you to not call me Freddy. Also Arthur serves the King in the Mountain. You would have known that if you read the briefing file they sent us for this mission.

Arthur: I would have preferred to answer that myself.

Glenn: The King in the Mountain has servants?

Arthur: Just the one.

Glenn: I thought he didn't have any at all. So this is news to me.

Frederick: Technically it doesn't as far as I know. Arthur is just a very annoying groupie of sorts. Doesn't have any actual powers.

Glenn: Oh.

Arthur: Fuck both of you.

Glenn: Hey?! What did I do?
--
As you can see they were just a bunch of idiots. It’s no wonder they ended up failing so badly.
At least Fred seemed to realize this near the end. Which is why he had this exchange with his superiors just before he died:
--

Notification: Glenn Visser's death

Confirmation of death: We can confirm that the Target's claims are accurate. Glenn was killed by the target's ally.

Mission status: We advise a change in tactics. Target has to be eliminated at any cost.
--
Hey, I think we should delay the mission. There's no way we'll succeed at this point. We can wait until after the tournament. Sure it won't be as spectacular that way but at least we won't look like idiots.

-Frederick
--
RE:Request for mission delay:

Request Denied.

The mission will not be delayed. The target must die in this tournament by our hands.
--

How about some fucking back-up then?! This was supposed to be a team mission. The only way we were going to be able to kill the faceless bastard was by outnumbering him. That was the whole point of this mission. Was it not?! Instead these assholes went off on their own and got their asses killed.

Now you're telling me the mission is still on? What am I supposed to do against him by myself?
I'm more than willing to sacrifice myself for the cause but that's not gonna happen. Instead I'm going to die for nothing.

This mission was supposed to show the world our power, right? All this clusterfuck will show them is utter incompetence! Even if I somehow succeed it'll still look like we're a bunch of idiots that got lucky!

Either find a way to send me some reinforcements or delay the mission. Then maybe we can pretend this disaster never happened and had nothing to do with us.

-Frederick
--

RE:Request for reinforcements:

Request denied.

We do not have the means to send reinforcements. Complete the mission at any cost.

--

Fuck all of you.

-Frederick
--

There’s more stuff like this but none of it is really important enough that I can’t just summarize it.
Arthur was killed by a random contestant soon after that chat they had. Then Fred tried to meet up with Glenn. Which failed because Glenn was too impatient.
Then a few days later Glenn found Faceless while he was wounded. He contacted Fred about this. Fred tried to talk him out of doing a Leeroy Jenkins.
Which as we all know failed.
Then we get that message chain I posted above.

Then Fred died.
So their mission really was a failure all the way through. One the one hand that’s a good thing because these crazy fuckers succeeding at anything would be bad.
On the other hand it’s bad because Faceless is still alive.

Now I could fix this situation. If I kill Faceless then KRAKEN won’t get to claim the glory. Plus there would be one less homicidal maniac running around. So let’s see if I can’t kill two birds with one stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment